"money takes flight when might conquers right"

Mon Jan 7 15:19:13 UTC 2013

A website with movie subtitle (or caption) information suggests that a
variant of the saying with the word "fright" was used in the dialog of
Ivanhoe. Of course, captions are sometimes inaccurate.

Ivanhoe (1952)
http://www.subzin.com/quotes/Ivanhoe/What+armor/id-44760

    Time - Phrase
    00:27:50 If his knights were to sweep the field, how would it go
with Richard's cause?
    00:27:55 Badly, sire. Money takes fright when might conquers right.
    00:28:00 My worldly goods are what I stand in. I have no armor and
no warhorse.

Joel S. Berson wrote