BE slang for _clitoris_ (UNCLASSIFIED)

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Tue Jan 8 15:46:07 UTC 2013

I had a colleague at a previous university who argued that Emily Dickinson intended an oblique reference to the subject line in her poem 'The Malay--took the Pearl'. You can read it yourself and see if she's right:

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/the-malay-took-the-pearl/

also in this poem:

http://etc.usf.edu/lit2go/115/the-poems-of-emily-dickinson-series-two/4414/love-poem-9-possession/

FWIW (or, as Wilson would say, youneverknow...)

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/