Antedating of "Piggy Bank"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 12 13:45:04 UTC 2013

Surely "piggy" began to replace "pig" as soon as little children began to
talk about them.

I can recall the derivation from "pygg" being alleged by the great Robert
Ripley in one of his Believe It or Not!! cartoons back during the youth of
the world.

JL