"hook up with" in England ...

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Jan 16 18:24:17 UTC 2013

but uttered by an American.

" I visit my cousins in England every summer ... On my last night
there [somewhere in England, last summer], we went to a club where
foam was coming out of vents, and we all went into the foam and
danced. He [the subject's cousin's boyfriend's best friend] started
touching me, and we went to another section and hooked up. Then he
said, 'Can this be our little secret?' I asked why, and he said,
'Well, because I have a girlfriend.' "

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised about what can happen in another
section of a club with foam somewhere in England.

 From "Dear Margo," Boston Globe, Nov. 6, 2012.

Joel