BE slang: _fade_ "white person"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 22 03:47:14 UTC 2013

American Slang: 2nd Edition - Page 158

"fade 4 n _black by 1970s_ A white person"

http://goo.gl/b2J8s

Back in the day, during the course of a thread about _ofay_, I OT'ed
about the use, in addition to "ofay," of _fade_ as a term for "white
person" in Saint Louis BE, ca. 1950-. By the mid- '60's, I was living
in Los Angeles. The term was still unknown there. The only person that
I ever heard use it, a native of L.A., attributed it to me and
mispronounced it: "A 'fabe,' as *you* would say" or words to that
effect.

--
-Wilson
-----