QOTY nominee

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 22 05:03:21 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:07 PM, Jonathan Lighter
<wuxxmupp2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alicia Keys, jammin' in the spotlight at the Inaugural Ball:
>
> "Obama's on fi-yaaah!...
> Michelle is his girl!
> Together they run the worl'!"
>
> (So Tea Party suspicions were correct!)

Ain't no days like that. The reference was only to *our* world!

[Lest the joke be too in: it refers to the fact that there was once a
black magazine of the name,"Our World," printed on newsprint. The
coming of the glossy, more LIFE-like EBONY led to its demise.]

--
-Wilson
-----