shutoutability

James A. Landau <JJJRLandau@netscape.com> JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Wed Jan 23 13:08:44 UTC 2013

from the Philadelphia Inquirer January 22, 2013, page D1, headline "It's 'shutoutability'"

<quote>
     Chip Kelly [the just-hired coach of the Philadelphia Eagles NFL team] said Monday that he couldn't describe his ideal defensive coordinator with just one word.
     But given the opportunity to describe the one dominant characteristic he is seeking in the leader of his defense, Kelly invented a word.
    "<italics>Shutoutability<end italics>," he said.  "That would be the one overriding quality.  And I have no idea how we can define that."
<end quote>

     - Jim Landau