Earliest Known Occurrence of the Term "Hot Dog" Pushed Back to 1886, (Corrected Citation)

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Jan 23 14:42:26 UTC 2013

Can a food dish using rye bread (and perhaps in preference to rolls)
and horseradish really originate in Tennessee rather than New York City?
(Wondered only half seriously.)

Joel