Earliest Known Occurrence of the Term "Hot Dog" Pushed Back to 1886, (Corrected Citation)

Victor Steinbok aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 23 17:26:39 UTC 2013

Personally, I don't see any contradiction. The rolls can easily be
identified as "bread" of some sort, especially if they are rye, and they
are sliced horizontally down the middle, making the top and bottom half
"two slices of bread". Given the penchant of the author for puns and
other wisecracks, it's not so far fetched that he condescendingly refers
to the split rolls as "slices of bread". Remember, pre-sliced bread has
not been invented yet.

     VS-)