English Words Connected with Being Drunk Published 1930-1940s

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 27 12:32:24 UTC 2013

There are more synonyms for "drunk" than anyone could want to know in Berry
&  Van den Barks' _American Thesaurus of Slang_ (N.Y.: Crowell, 1943).

A shorter list is in Weseen's _Dictionary of American Slang_ (N.Y.:
Crowell, 1934).

Just don't assume that all those expressions were equally common.

JL