Facebook: "A _periotic_ table"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jan 30 20:48:33 UTC 2013

this despite the fact the the table posted bears the caption ,"… _Periodic_ …"

Back in the day, a housemate routinely  spelled Maida's name as
"Maita." Though Maida is the first entity and the only person that
I've ever known that bears this name, I've never misspelled it. In my
dialect, _Maita_ is only "Mai[t]a," just as _motto, tortoise_ are
"mo[t]o, tor[t]oise."

But I'm no Brit. I use the usual, American intervocalic consonant in
plenty of other words.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain