"To a t-y-t" again

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 4 12:10:00 UTC 2013

I don't if this relates to the midwestern t-y-tee.

In translations of Henri Murger's "The Bohemians of the Latin Quarter", you
find the following lines:

"There came a sister of Charity—
Ty! Ty! tee! tee!"
It makes me wonder if the t-y-tee is a mnemonic for the pronunciation of
the ending of words like 'charity' that end in 'ty'.

DanG

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Bonnie Taylor-Blake <b.taylorblake at gmail.com