One does not simply walk into Mordor

Thu Jul 11 20:52:42 UTC 2013

One of the most memorable lines in the Lord of the Rings, this was said by Sean Bean (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r21CMDyPuGo).

This has taken off as a meme as can be seen at http://unsanityfiles.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/one-does-not-simply-walk-into-mordor/. It's also a snowclone, using the first half as in "One does not simply make a few piece of bacon."

I'm probably behind the ball, but you can even toss your own phrases onto Sean Bean at http://www.quickmeme.com/One-Does-Not-Simply/, along with lots of other images and phrases.

Google Maps has evidently also gotten into the act, using that phrase if you try to get directions from the Shire to Mordor (http://www.inquisitr.com/170524/google-maps-warns-one-does-not-simply-walk-into-mordor/), though when I try it, I get directions to Mordor Tattoo.

See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Simple_Walk_Into_Mordor.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA