Hyphenating "urinary bladder stones"

Sun Jul 14 18:16:01 UTC 2013

Since "urinary" and "bladder" are being combined to form a word modifying "stones," they should be hyphenated based on the conventional rules.

I do a lot of medical translation, though, and I would never hyphenate this. There are far too many compounds like this and if you hyphenate each one, it just makes the text unsightly.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos