Five Quotation Questions

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sun Jul 21 17:37:06 UTC 2013

Below are five quotations for which I am seeking the earliest findable occurrence.  I would welcome any citations or suggestions regarding early usages of any of them.  I have not done any research myself on these, so some of them may be easily traceable and I apologize for not researching those myself.

Fred Shapiro

Neither am I.
Peter Cook ... on being told that the person sitting next to him at a dinner party was "writing a book"

I have known many an instance of a man writing a letter and forgetting to sign his name, but this is the only instance I have ever known of a man signing his name and forgetting to write the letter.
Henry Ward Beecher, said upon receiving a note containing the single word "Fool"

Life itself is a quotation  [original Spanish would be best]
Borges

Shakespeare, I come!
Theodore Dreiser, intended last words

Tell them I said something!