On a medical misattribution [quotation research]

Fri Jul 26 11:19:25 UTC 2013

Thank you very much Bonnie for sharing your impressive paper. You and
your co-author are helping to teach biomedical researchers
specializing in infectious disease that there also exist infections in
the conceptual or memetic domain. Authors of books and articles act as
transmission vehicles that replicate incorrect quotations from one
textual instance to another.

This unsubstantiated quotation has unfairly diminished the legacy of
Dr. William H. Stewart. Hence, I offer the following mutation.

It's time to close the book on this infectious misquotation, declare
that the war against false attributions has hardly begun, and shift
national resources to such chronic problems as incomplete databases,
poor OCR, and sloppy meta-data.

Garson