another obit coinage claim

Wed Jun 5 07:46:01 UTC 2013

Thanks Ben. Great cites. Here is "sacked" in 1967.

Date: December 18, 1967
Newspaper: The Independent
Article title: Rams Stopped Unitas - And Won
Author: Joe Hendrickson
Quote Page: 16
Column: 1
Newspaper Location: Pasadena, California
Database: NewspaperArchive

[Begin excerpt]
The great Baltimore quarterback seldom has been "sacked" like this
before-48 yards in losses when thrown behind the line of scrimmage at
seven crucial times by the charging men of George Allen.
[End excerpt]

Garson