The lonely shepherd

Thu Jun 6 06:16:28 UTC 2013

It appears the same thing happens to the cowherd/oxherd in recounting the tale of the Weaver Girl and the Cowherd. There are a lot of people who refer to the cowherd as a shepherd. It appears that he might actually herd sheep in some versions (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilseok), though, so it's not 100% clear, but I suspect at least some cases are due to people not used to the word "cowherd."

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA