Yinglish in New York City, 100 years ago

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jun 12 16:49:16 UTC 2013

I realized as soon as I actually worked through the transcription/translation that I was wrong about the nature of the language--Chris is right that this is Yiddish with lots of borrowings. His analogy with scientific conversations is quite correct.
Engage brain before putting fingers in gear....

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Professor, Linguistics Program
http://blogs.wayne.edu/proftech/
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)

Nobody at Wayne State will EVER ask you for your password. Never send it to anyone in an email, no matter how authentic the email looks.