Interdating of "dinner-party"

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Wed Jun 12 17:23:08 UTC 2013

As usual, for words from the 18th century I check EAI.

1800 Sep. 2, Newport Mercury. page 2.

On every occasion, at every dinner party, at every supper, and every
ball given by the minister the party asscembled ws composed of at
least two-thirds Jacobins.

[These parties, suppers, and balls were being given not at the summer
retreat of Newport but in Philadelphia.]

Joel