Antedating of "hot dog" --1884 in Indiana

Sun Jun 23 21:08:28 UTC 2013

Wow, a fantastic find and in an uncountable form!

Could this be related to eating dog tails?

http://ow.ly/mj5yM
http://ow.ly/mj5BN

I suspect these are in jest, but that doesn't make them less likely an ultimate source. Also, it seems that cropping dog's tails was in fashion around that time, which may have fed the fire.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA