Quote: I used to be Snow White but I drifted (attrib Mae West 1938)

Sat Jun 29 14:44:54 UTC 2013

Many thanks for your comment, Dan. I also saw that claim in WikiQuote
and obtained a version of the film  "I'm No Angel" (1933) with a
running time of 1 hour 27 minutes. I watched the film and did not hear
the quotation on the soundtrack.

The movie does contain some other famous quotes from West.

I also visited a searchable database of movie subtitle text. The
database included the subtitles for "I'm No Angel" (1933). A query for
the word "drifted" returned nothing. Other queries targeting the
phrase failed.

It is possible that I saw an edited version of the film, and it is
possible that the subtitles are incomplete. However, there are other
examples of inaccurate claims about quotations in Mae West films.

Would love to hear solid evidence stating the version of the film that
contains the quote and the hour:minute of occurrence  (if possible).

Garson