Chimpanzee reduction

Sat Mar 2 02:26:27 UTC 2013

In "All Things Considered" today, Jon Hamilton uses a reduced pronunciation of "chimpanzee" (CHIM puhn zee) but he's been primed by the pronunciation of Adrian Yagi, a speaker who is not a native speaker of US English. I can't find anything on Yagi, so perhaps I've gotten something wrong there.

As I was searching, it appears that the times got corrupted, but Hamilton's pronunciations are at approximately 2:37 and 3:13 in, and Yagi uses the pronunciation soon after the 2:37 usage.

"How Did Our Brains Evolve To Equate Food With Love?"
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2013/03/01/173245261/how-did-our-brains-evolve-to-equate-food-with-love

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA