on reversed "substitute" (intransitive version)

Mon Mar 4 20:45:12 UTC 2013

My thanks to everyone who reminded me of the earlier conversation. Even if that hadn't been at the end of a long day, I probably wouldn't have recalled it--because I doubt that I use that word. My instinct is to say "use X instead of Y."

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA