MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference Quotes

Tue Mar 5 15:01:41 UTC 2013

>> "If you're not at the table, you're on the menu."

Charlie, Fred and Wolfgang Mieder found an excellent cite for this
saying and recorded it in the DMP.

[ref] 2012, The Dictionary of Modern Proverbs, Compiled by Charles
Clay Doyle, Wolfgang Mieder, and Fred R. Shapiro, Quote Page 248, Yale
University Press, New Haven. (Verified on paper) [/ref]

[Begin excerpt]

If you are not at the table, you may be on the menu.

1993 "Lebanon— At the Table or on the Menu?" Middle East Insight 10,
no. 6 (Sep.– Oct.) 5 (commentary on a pending Syria- Israel accord).

2002 Salt Lake [City UT] Tribune 30 Jul. (quoting the education
activist Pat Rusk): “I am often reminded of the adage, 'If you are not
at the table, then you could be on the menu.' If I am not getting out
and having my voice heard by those who make decisions, I am not doing
my job."

[End excerpt]

Garson