Snowquester, Snowquestration

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 5 17:20:59 UTC 2013

"Snowquester" and "snowquestration" are showing up on my Twitter feed
as a snowstorm (complete with the potential for thundersnow)
approaches the DC area.  -- Bonnie

Snowquester: March 6 Washington D.C. winter storm name

Jason Samenow, part of The Capital Weather Gang, *The Washington Post*

Usually we ask readers to propose and vote on names for significant
winter storms. But this time we’ve already received such a perfect
suggestion that we’ve decided to go ahead and adopt it: Snowquester.

Reader Phil Yabut (who also happens to be a fine photographer)
suggested the name to us on our Twitter feed Friday. (We can’t be sure
he was the first to come up with it, but we heard it from him first.)
It got instant approval from Twitter followers and lots of “likes”
when we mentioned it in our blog comments.

Like or hate storm names, Snowquester sure beats “Saturn”, the
arbitrary, meaningless name given to the storm by The Weather Channel.
So let’s roll with Snowquester ... an original, fun, and fitting label
for a Washington, D.C. winter storm in March 2013.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/post/snowquester-march-6-washington-dc-winter-storm-name/2013/03/03/a6c5c6fe-8429-11e2-98a3-b3db6b9ac586_blog.html