Afrikan

Geoffrey Steven Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Tue Mar 5 23:02:53 UTC 2013

In one discussion of this topic yesterday on a website that tends to be skeptical of what they perceive as 'political correctness' someone said it was indeed a reference to Africanism, and was how you spell the name in Swahili. Which is probably true (I don't have a Swahili dictionary handy)
FWIW

Geoff

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT