Dialect splits

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 14 21:11:18 UTC 2013

Me: "Don't we have two of these things?"

Wife: "Yes, but the other one doesn't work as well, _I think_"

NOT: "_I *don't* think_"?! The speech of the Northeast Pennsylvanians
is a caution!

As, on one channel, the cast of "Bones" is in New Orleans saying
_bay[u]_, as my wife does, on another channel, the East Texans and
Cajuns of "Swamp People" are saying _bay[o]_, as I do.

--
-Wilson
-----