immersive

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 19 03:33:46 UTC 2013

The university I retired from has been attempting to recast its image for
several years now by touting its "immersive learning programs."  These are
courses that groups of students sign up for, taking full load credit (15
hours, I think) for a semester.  The courses involve student research,
community work, and joint development of some sizable product for public
presentation at the end of the course.  Faculty receive a full semester's
credit for offering such courses.

Herb