_camerista_ OED: "No dictionary entries found for ‘camerista’."

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 3 22:28:58 UTC 2013

On Aug. 30, 1862, the Times of London commented, “America swarms with the
members of the mighty tribe of

cameristas,

and the civil war has developed their business in the same way that it has
given an impetus to the manufacturers of metallic air-tight coffins and
embalmers of the dead.”

http://goo.gl/ZLF6S

Of course, an examination of the actual newspaper may reveal a different
reading, but, WTF?

Youneverknow.

"Apropos of nothing," to reprise a once-common phrase, I'd been under the
impression that _barista_ was the the first and only -ista word in English
that had ever appeared in the popular press.

--
-Wilson
-----