Document!

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 14 02:05:56 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Eoin C Bairéad <ebairead at gmail.com> wrote:

> the document i uploaded _for_ you

I was about to point out this "misuse" of _for_ as a dead give-away, given
that the upload is *to*, since the upload wasn't done on the receiver's
behalf. Then I remembered that prepositional marking of CASE in English is
in a state of flux, "anymore." <har! har!> Use of _to_ and _for_  with what
is, IMO, "reversed polarity," doesn't indicate anything, WRT whether a
speaker/writer has English as his first language, anymore.

OTOH, the URL looks like an in-joke: "Just do this once, because that's all
that I need you to do, sucker!"

--
-Wilson
-----