"offshore" as preposition?

Mon May 20 02:18:55 UTC 2013

"Offshore England" gets a lot of hits, some of which are relevant.

Preposition:
http://www.sea-technology.com/news/archives/2012/mar_renewables/mar_renewables_0312.php
Fyns Kran Udstyr A/S (Odense, Denmark) has tested its hydraulic lifting yoke in London Array, offshore England’s east coast.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324744104578473273975041426.html
Apache drills globally, with operations in Australia, Alaska, Canada, Egypt and offshore England.

http://www.onepetro.org/mslib/servlet/onepetropreview?id=SPE-106011-MS
Several typical field applications are reviewed, including cases in North Sea, offshore England, and offshore Brunei.

Adjective with "onshore" bonus: http://jgs.geoscienceworld.org/content/156/4/779.abstract
examples from the Triassic of onshore and offshore England and Northern Ireland

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA