Deictic 'go'

Wed Nov 6 04:49:24 UTC 2013

This doesn't strike me as being particular to AAVE; here are some webcites:

Here goes your love letter: http://tesfa-love-tesfa.blogspot.com/2012/04/detroit-here-goes-your-love-letter.html
Here goes your generic animal crossing-esque speech: http://alliscrossing.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=1730350
Here goes your prescription: http://shiitslegit.tumblr.com/

I don't think I use this myself, but it doesn't strike me as particularly odd (until it's pointed out). I don't see this meaning in Wiktionary or the OED.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA

Learn Ainu! https://sites.google.com/site/aynuitak1/videos