Q: "lanechtskipt" -- perhaps "lanDechtskip[e]t"?

Mon Nov 11 19:48:14 UTC 2013

"LanDechtskip(e)t", from Dutch?  No way.

1.  In Dutch, like the rest of the Germanic group, adjectives precede nouns.  Therefore, the "echt" wouldn't modify "lan(d)" but "skip(e)t".  With a few inflectional endings missing, you'd have, at best, "land of the true ship".  What the -t would signify is anyone's guess.  It's a good 3rd person singular verbal ending, but doesn't join to nouns.  No post nominal articles here, just forms of "de" (and "die" in dialects) and "het/'t" (and "dat" in dialects).
2.  There are dialects like Gronings that turn -nd > -n (as does Frisian), and "skip" instead of Standard "schip" could be Gronings too (& cf. English skipper), but again, what's the "-t".  Some sort of hypercorrection by an English speaker who turns -pt to -p?  Or someone who usually says "oncet, twicet"?
3.  Whatever it is, it's something severely mangled in translation.

Paul Johnston