big antedating of "Hun" = 'German.'

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 12 20:20:25 UTC 2013

YBQ probably should include the Kaiser's 1900 exhortation to his troops:

"When you meet the enemy,... you will give no pardon and take no prisoners.
...As the Huns a thousand years ago under King Etzel [i.e., Attila] made a
name for themselves that has lasted mightily in memory, so may the name
'Germany' be known in China so that no Chinese will ever again even dare to
look askance at a German."

JL