Thirteen and the odd

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Thu Nov 14 05:14:17 UTC 2013

--

I failed to explain this one myself a few years ago:

http://tinyurl.com/ls2zzdw

... and I'm sad to say I don't have anything useful to add now.

But some of the savants have bigger and better databases and other
resources.

Popik mentions this in passing (apparently equivalent to "soup-and-fish"
in at least one instance):

http://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/soup_and_fish_a_dinner_suit

-- Doug Wilson