Quote: Supposed Lincoln quote traces to Alphonse Karr - help with French requested

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 16 20:06:32 UTC 2013

>  I'm sure Reagan didn't invent his beloved story about the boy who was
delighted to be sent to a room piled to the ceiling with horse manure
"because there's gotta be a pony in here somewhere".

I read it in James Kirkwood's novel, "There Must be a Pony!" (1960).

JL