Last Plea for Most Notable Quotations of 2013

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Sun Nov 24 01:55:38 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 8:42 PM, Alice Faber wrote:

> On 11/23/13 8:21 PM, Joel S. Berson wrote:
>> At 11/23/2013 07:11 PM, Ben Zimmer wrote:
>>> And surely we include any number of Rob Ford quotes from the past
>>> couple of weeks? "I've got more than enough to eat at home'" is
>>> probably the most notorious.
>>
>> That needs some expansion -- at for those of us who haven't been
>> following Rob every day.
>>
> The quotable Rob Ford:
>
> <http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/20/crack-smoking-toronto-mayor-rob-ford-in-his-own-words-4194487/>
>
> And "I've got more than enough to eat at home" was on TV, live (and
> without asterisks!):
>
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4siKr6qY8w>
>
> The above links to the CBC coverage. There was also a clip making the
> rounds, that I can't find now, showing a CTV anchor struggling to
> maintain her composure as this impromptu news conference was airing live.

If that's a bit too outré for Fred's list, there's always, "Yes, I
have smoked crack cocaine. But no, do I, am I an addict? No. Have I
tried it? Probably in one of my drunken stupors."

--bgz

--
Ben Zimmer
http://benzimmer.com/