"camera-mounted drone"?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Nov 25 03:21:58 UTC 2013

A man trying to find the remains of perhaps 500 Marines killed on
Tarawa in WWII whose bodies are still unrecovered  had "launched a
camera-mounted drone" to produce an aerial photograph.  NYTimes
Magazine, today, 32/2.

Shouldn't that be "drone-mounted camera", the drone being what the
camera was mounted on?  If one reads "an elephant-mounted mahout",
surely it's the mahout mounted on the elephant.  I would not expect
to read about "a mahout-mounted elephant."  I suppose in this case
the size disparity forces a single visual image.  But if the sizes
are more nearly equal?  Such as at the circus -- a "lion-mounted
tiger" vs. a "tiger-mounted lion"?  An "A-mounted B" is a B mounted on an A?

Joel