TIME and the new island

Mon Oct 7 04:30:55 UTC 2013

The self-dumbification of "Time" came with quick summaries of news in an easy-to-read format, as well as a drop in the quality of the writing. (I was reading the edition in Japan, so I don't know what it was like in the US or other countries.) With such self-dumbification comes editors who are not so careful about such details.

As for the least common denominator, one could also get upset about using "least" when there are only two as well.

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA