Zombies of the Bible

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Oct 25 15:07:36 UTC 2013

At 10/25/2013 03:33 AM, W Brewer wrote:
>Story of Lazarus sure freaked me out as a kid. "Lazarus! Git yo' ass on out
>cheer!" as a fellow acolyte paraphrased it.

I had not thought of Lazarus; that story is not in my Bible.  But I
concede he is a possibility for the Bible of Old South of Boston.

Is being raised from the dead sufficient, or must we find additional
confirming -- or refuting -- evidence from Lazarus's afterlife?

Wikipedia tells me "The Eastern Orthodox and Roman Catholic
traditions offer varying accounts of the later events of his
life."  But all I find there is "The Gospel of John mentions Lazarus
again in chapter 12. Six days before the Passover on which Jesus is
crucified, Jesus returns to Bethany and Lazarus attends a supper that
Martha, his sister, serves."  We don't know what Lazarus ate.

Joel