"mnemonic possession" (UNCLASSIFIED)

Mullins, Bill CIV (US) william.d.mullins18.civ at MAIL.MIL
Fri Oct 25 16:02:19 UTC 2013

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

> > So, what other things have you memorized from a song?  I'm aware of
> > (but haven't learned):
> > Lehrer's song about the elements
> > Animaniacs songs of state capitals and countries
>
> i can't believe that anyone has ever learned the names of the elements
> from Tom Lehrer's song.  it's a tour de force, but not really usable
as
> a mnemonic,

To be sure, it's not often that one would be required to learn the names
of all the elements.  But if I were called upon to do so, I'd think that
the song would be a good way to knock out the first 102 of them.