"Moby sex"?

Baker, John JBAKER at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Oct 28 00:32:14 UTC 2013

        From the Jargon File, http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/M/moby.html, definitions 1 and 5 of "moby" appear relevant:

moby: /moh bee/
[MIT: seems to have been in use among model railroad fans years ago. Derived from Melville's Moby Dick (some say from ‘Moby Pickle’). Now common.]

 1. adj. Large, immense, complex, impressive. “A Saturn V rocket is a truly moby frob.” “Some MIT undergrads pulled off a moby hack at the Harvard-Yale game.” (See Appendix A for discussion.)

. . . .

5. The largest available unit of something which is available in discrete increments. Thus, ordering a “moby Coke” at the local fast-food joint is not just a request for a large Coke, it's an explicit request for the largest size they sell.

        Surprisingly, not in Urban Dictionary, which suggests that this meaning has largely passed out of use.

John Baker

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Dan Goodman
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:52 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: "Moby sex"?

Q: For two years I was involved with “The Lifestyle” and experienced some of my fantasies brought into reality. It was bliss. I met a “rock star” who had this amazing long-term relationship with an ex-girlfriend.
For months we had an incredibly delicious three-way romp of crazy sex … bondage, pigtails and much fun. Then I met an incredibly sexy man and the four of us had “Moby sex.” It was the most mind-blowing off-the-charts sexual encounter of my life! From there, the sex was like a drug. I fell hard for this new guy.

He moved to another state, which broke my heart. He asked me to marry him. Then he totally went bonkers and it has taken more than a year to come to grips with the fact that he is too mentally unstable to commit to me. I want to be free from all of it now. I am confused about going back to vanilla after having so much “twist.” Will I be able to be satisfied in a relationship now that I have opened Pandora’s Box? I want a serious relationship with a man who will be my best friend and lover.
I had it, and now he is gone. How do I go back to where I was? I just feel so empty and want love back in my life again.

A: In the interest of experiencing my very own mind-blowing, off-the-charts sexual encounter of a lifetime, I googled “Moby sex,” to no avail. What is this mysterious practice?
http://www.vita.mn/alexis/229006181.html
--
Dan Goodman
Whatever you wish for me, may you have twice as much.