not-quite snowclone

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 5 02:09:15 UTC 2013

Philadelphia is not the home of Robert Indiana's original LOVE
sculpture<http://www.imamuseum.org/collections/artwork/love-indiana-robert>,
but it has its own
version<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LOVE_Park_Philly.JPG>(one
of many <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Love_sculptures>) and is
proud of it. Many takeoffs on the
sculpture<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_%28sculpture%29#Versions>allude
to love, including RAGE and HATE versions.

But in Philadelphia I have noticed many, many takeoffs which, as far as I
can tell, use it as an allusion to Philadelphia itself. I've photographed
these as I've spotted them. Do y'all think this collection is worth
organizing and posting as a kind of graphical snowclone?

Mark Mandel