First Reactions to Bonnie Taylor-Blake's Latest "Whole Nine Yards" Discoveries

Bonnie Taylor-Blake b.taylorblake at GMAIL.COM
Fri Sep 6 21:10:57 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM,  <sclements at neo.rr.com> wrote:

> More fantastic finds by Bonnie.  Congrats.
>
> All I want to know is--do you search in the morning or evening every day.  Or both?  :)
>
> Sam Clements

Thanks, Sam (and Garson and Jonathan for their earlier messages).

To be honest, I hadn't searched newspaperarchive.com in ages, finding
searching there a frustrating process. I have no idea how long those
Indiana sightings were there. No doubt you or Stephen Goranson or any
number of other people would've found them soon enough too.

I will thank Ben Zimmer, though, because his latest radio interview on
"the whole nine yards,"

http://kuow.org/post/ben-zimmer-whole-9-yards-and-phrase-inflation

enabled me to think about this great word puzzle all over again.

-- Bonnie