More prophet-without-honor

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 10 04:49:14 UTC 2013

The Free Dictionary:

def (dɛf)
adj.
Slang. excellent.
[1975–80, Amer.; < _W Ind E_ pronoun [sic] of death used as an
intensifier]--

"*West Indian* English"?!!! Do people just make this stuff up? Or is it
*really* the case that these people are just ignorant of the way that we
people speak English? If they are, why don't they just aks somebody?

Well, Obama and I have both been accused of speaking differently to other
black people. ("We can always tell when you're talking to one of your black
friends!") True, of course. But, so what? Why would things be otherwise?

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain