Antedating of "copypasta"

Hugo hugovk at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 10 13:09:54 UTC 2013

"copypasta" (ATNW: 17 August 2006)

2 February 2006, 4chan:

[Begin]
Gikope is a really useful program for keeping up with AA and copypasta. I've rapidshared my own achieve, which includes 1000s of AAs and a large collection of copypasta.
[End]

http://dis.4chan.org/read/sjis/1139940274
Not in Wayback Machine.

There's quite a few more from February 2006 in 4chan.

---

7 June 2006, Channel 4 BBS:

[Begin]
34 Name: Anonymous Addict : 2006-06-07 03:59 ID:aZX2y9qq
Our Father, who art in 4chan,
Anonymous be thy name.
Thy sage come, thy will be done on Gaia as it is in 4chan.
Give us this day our copypasta,
And forgive us our COMBO BREAKERs, as we forgive those who COMBO BREAK against us.
And lead us not into CP, but deliver us from Piro.
For thine is the sandwich, and the win, and the awesome forever and ever.
I guarantee it.
[End]

http://wayback.archive.org/web/20070718064357/http://4-ch.net/iaa/kareha.pl/1131995069/

--

"Among the New Words" devoted to Internet memes (American Speech, Vol. 86, No. 4, Winter 2011, pp. 454-479)
http://www.academia.edu/1231435/_Among_the_New_Words_American_Speech_Vol._86_No._4_Winter_2011_pp._454-479_

--

Hugo