Palindrome: Able was I ere I saw Elba

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Fri Sep 13 12:15:35 UTC 2013

On 9/13/13 12:01 AM, Automatic digest processor wrote:
> Date:    Thu, 12 Sep 2013 10:16:04 -0700
> From:    Benjamin Barrett<gogaku at IX.NETCOM.COM>
> Subject: Re: Palindrome: Able was I ere I saw Elba
> There is a palindromic-like video going around right now called =
> "Translators are a Waste of Space" at =
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DUGYL5sUwr2Q&feature=3Dplayer_embedded.
>
> Benjamin Barrett
> Seattle, WA
Not really a palindrome because the text renders the opposite/inverse
meaning when read backwards. (Yep, I note that you called it
"palindromic-like".

(It's a brilliant piece of writing -- and reading -- still.)

---Amy West

(And brilliant detective work, Stephen. It makes sense that it shifts
from "about" Napoleon to "by" Napoleon in the popular mind over the
years. . . .)