Does this make it official?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 15 05:20:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM, Laurence Horn <laurence.horn at yale.edu>wrote:

> "if you find yourself saying "I want to fuck that farmer over"

Surely, you jest! Like *that* could ever happen! Next thing I know, you'll
be suggesting that I'll find myself using "cock" to mean "penis" instead of
"vulva"!

What I should have made clear that I had in mind the blowing of white minds
by "fuck over" in 1960 as opposed to its use in 2013 as something of no
interest. Of course,

Youneverknow,

since, nowadays it's not surprising for "white" programs like The Daily
Show to have black writers or for "black" programs like Chappelle's Show,
or even The Boondocks, to have white writers. So, the voice-over may well
have been written by a soul-brother. I hope not, though. Hearing
"fuck/screw NP over" is a real annoyance, like hearing "vagina" used when
"vulva" is meant. i haven't heard "screw over NP," but that could be a
coincidence. Google has:

Aug 13, 2In Memory of Tim Richmond ***** - This Board Rocks002 - 10 posts -
‎6 authors
He was a man ! Tim died on August 13th 1989 after Nascar _screwed over him_
every way possible.

UD has a single entry from 2009 with three example-sentences. Except that
one of the examples is of "screw NP over"! But "fuck over" goes back to
2004, entered as:

   1.

Fuck over <verb> British(!) slang
--