Graffito: "To Be Is To Do" "To Do Is To Be" "Do Be Do Be Do"

Mon Sep 16 16:32:52 UTC 2013

Thank you very much for searching, Stephen. I just performed some
queries in GB that leave me uncertain about the existence of the match
in "The Butterfly Kid".

GB generates many false positives and false negatives nowadays, unfortunately.

By false positive I mean a GB match that does not exist in the
physical book. Often when you select "Sorted by Date" instead of
"Sorted by Relevance" some matches disappear. I think these are
usually false matches. For example, GB may find a match in a review of
a book and not the book itself. It then displays the match as if it is
present in the book.

Note that my analysis of these false matches is conjectural. I do not
know the algorithm GB is using.

When I select "Sorted by Date" the match in "The Butterfly Kid"
disappears. Is that your experience?

Garson